St Columba’s Ui Church (Eaglais na h-Aoidhe) is one of the most important archaeological sites on the Isle of Lewis. It was the main church during the medieval period and it is a burial place for the Macleod chiefs and the Mackenzies who controlled the island in later years. It contains two carved grave slabs commemorating Roderick Macleod VII (d.1498) and Margaret Mackinnon (d.1503).
The church is one of the few and most complete remains of the medieval and post-medieval period on Lewis. It is owned by Urras Eaglais na h-Aoidhe (The Ui Church Trust). It is open at all times and visitors are welcome. It is only a 10 minute drive from Stornoway and on a bus route.